Wednesday 22 July 2020

Unfolding story

Labour pays out six-figure sum and apologises in antisemitism row.


The BBC and the Guardian are reporting this as if butter wouldn’t melt. I can’t fully access the Guardian’s article now unless I register, and I can’t say I want to do that at the present. However, when I saw it earlier today (when I could access it for some reason) their report looked extensive. That’s one thing one can say about the Guardian; unlike the BBC whose write-ups always sound so non-committal, as if they’re walking on eggshells of their own making - the Guardian goes into detail. The general effect of the BBC’s über brevity is that anyone can project their own meaning onto any given story.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.