I recently read a comment (somewhere) recalling one of Charles Moore's key questions when it comes to assessing BBC bias: "Who is in the dock?"
("In almost all major stories, you can tell very quickly who this is", said Mr Moore).
Catching up with this week's editions of Newsnight, I tried to follow this question through and came up with the following list:
- Rupert Murdoch and Putin's Russia on Friday.
- Saudi Arabia, Boris Johnson and the "old, male, white" UK judiciary on Thursday.
- The Tories, Brexit, the Assad regime and (possibly) Trump on Wednesday.
- People traffickers and the Egyptian government, Mrs May's government (over Brexit), selection and streaming in schools, (possibly) Trump, and Twitter on Tuesday.
- The EU (though the case against it wasn't pushed), the UK's unwritten constitution, the Assad regime/Putin's Russia on Monday.
I wasn't overly surprised.
Post a Comment