Friday 22 September 2017

Populism stalking Europe


Stephanie Flanders


I was driving to work this morning an heard a voice I recognised as being very familiar but couldn't immediately place. 

Thankfully someone very soon called her 'Stephanie' and it immediately clicked from her low, dusky voice that it must be Stephanie Flanders - the former BBC economics editor who left to work for Goldman Sachs and who campaigned vocally against Brexit during the EU referendum.

She was guest-presenting Today today (and yesterday). 


Chatting about Mrs Merkel this morning to like-minded Neil MacGregor, former director of the British Museum, she talked about "populism stalking Europe" in the light of certain recent European elections and referendums, and got Neil to go along with her assertion that "And, of course, her belief in Europe...I mean, people who are wanting her somehow to put Britain...her, sort of, liking for Britain...ahead of the future of Europe are going to be disappointed". 

3 comments:

  1. I'm thinking the Express read your site as I referenced this earlier on and I always like to say "Remainiac"!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...I reserve the right to be as reductively repetitive as the BBC. :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.