I found this interesting from someone all the leading lights at the BBC Disinformation Unit follow.
- New fact check: A viral photo makes it look like President Biden checked his watch during a ceremony honoring U.S. service members killed in Kabul. But that's misleading.
- The way Biden honored the 11 caskets presented at Dover Air Force Base on Sunday was similar to how Trump paid respects to fallen service members during his presidency.
- Biden checked his watch, but he did so after the ceremony had ended. Watch the video for yourself: https://c-span.org/video/?514338-1/president-biden-pays-respect-us-service-members-killed-afghanistan
- As many of you already know, this story has been corrected. Biden checked his watch multiple times during the ceremony. I regret the error.
- Journalists and fact-checkers are human (yes, even me!) We make mistakes. When we do, we correct them and try to make it right.
- It's easy to dunk on journalists when we get things wrong. I get it – to many, we're just another name on a screen. But behind that screen is a person trying to do their best.
It would make for a great BBC Trending/Disinformation Unit article.