Monday 9 December 2019

"That makes him Jewish"


One of the first tweets I saw after getting home from work today was this:
Stephen Daisley: Labour’s candidate in West Dunbartonshire, Jean Anne Mitchell, responded to Nick Robinson’s questioning of Jeremy Corbyn over antisemitism by highlighting the BBC presenter’s Jewish heritage. She shared a post about his ethnicity to a WhatsApp group.
We watched the BBC Leadership Debate chaired by Nick Robinson. Throughout the debate we felt that Robinson gave Johnson an easy time, allowing him to avoid answering the audience’s questions and instead giving him free reign to attack Corbyn. We thought he was biased. And then we Googled him. His mother was born in Shanghai, where her German-Jewish parents fled during the 1930s. That makes him Jewish.
The paper continues [with my comments added in parentheses and italics]:
Contacted by the Record, Mitchell said she had shared the message “for information purposes, nothing more” and was “absolutely” not endorsing it. 
["For information purposes, nothing more". Seriously? Jeremy wept!]
She said: “I’ve got so many Jewish friends and I would never, ever, ever to do anything that was in any way anti-semitic.” 
[The "Some of my best friends are..." defence, usually descried by the Left as the inevitable starting phrase for racist bigots].
After being read the section on Robinson’s Jewish heritage, she said: “I did not read that message properly. I was tired, I had been out campaigning all day. I came in, I sat down, I watched the debate, I came in and I shared that with the group because it was to do with the programme. 
[Poor thing! She was so tired she missed the 'That makes him Jewish' bit that was the message's concluding point.]
She also said: “I am really, really troubled that someone in a candidate group has actually let that be shared outwith the group. That is really pretty alarming.” 
[Eh? Is that the main thing that's troubling her? And what exactly is troubling her here? That an antisemite in her group let it be shared "outwith the group"? Or that a whistleblower within her group blew the whistle?]
Wake up BBC!

If anyone spots the BBC reporting this, please let us know. This is a star BBC presenter after all that the Corbynista antisemites are going after.

1 comment:

  1. Nothing about this on BBC Election 2019 page...how odd!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.