Saturday 27 October 2018

Satire

Here's Andrew (and he's much funnier than the Now Show crowd)... 
Evenin' all. Welcome to This Week - and what a week it's been. You're probably still exhilarated by Saturday's big march - you know, the one Alastair Campbell told us about last Thursday. I couldn't make it myself - I had a previous appointment with a box set of The Daily Politics - but I'm sure you were there. I sent along my Greek gardener, my Polish plumber and the Norwegian nanny. So nobody can be in any doubt about my commitment, or should I say self-interest, in a People's Vote. Mind you, the Brexit negotiations are going so well that I'm not sure we'll need one. We now have a backstop to the backstop, a transition period, an extended transition period and even the possibility of an indefinite transition period, plus close regulatory alignment. Mmm, close regulatory alignment - something most of us only ever dreamed of, until the Maybot's negotiating skills made it a reality. I'm told Donald Trump has even offered to build a wall down the Irish Sea with all the spare bricks he has accumulated from not building a wall along the Mexican border. It's such a generous gesture that nobody has the heart to tell him bricks don't float. I'm not surprised though the Maybot got such an ecstatic welcome when she walked into a room full of Tory MPs last night, greeting her with synchronised banging of their heads against their desks. It must have lifted the spirits of her software no end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.