I can't hear them all now - all the outraged Samira Ahmeds and Alastair Campbells - denouncing the BBC for giving Ash 'I'm literally a communist, you idiot' Sarkar of Novara Media (aka 'Norovirus Media') a platform on last night's Question Time, but 'borrowing' some of their earlier comments and re-fitting them for purpose, such tweets might have gone something like this:
- "Sorry BBC QT, but really disagree with giving this woman a platform".
- "Why is the BBC enabling far-left extremism?"
- "Here they go again, the BBC normalising communists. 100 million dead because of communists like her".
- "The voice of the Communists. That’s the BBC".
- "It's editors' decision to give her airtime. It's free PR for her and her extremist site".
As a believe in free speech, I've no problems whatsoever with her being on.