Friday 1 January 2021

First footing

 


For those who missed BBC One welcoming in 2021, here's a transcript courtesy of TV Eyes. There was coronovirus, lots of celebrating the NHS, clapping for carers, Captain Tom, support for Black Lives Matter and a final homily from Sir David Attenborough. Could it have been more 'BBC'?

(The BBC worked with London mayor Sadiq Khan).

Wonder how many people enjoyed being lectured at midnight on New Year's Day?

*******

This programme contains scenes of Repetitive Flashing Images MUSIC: End of The Year Theme by On The Sly 10...9...8...7...6...5... 4...3...2...1. BIG BEN STRIKES THE HOUR MUSIC: Let's Dance by David Bowie MUSIC: Firework Elements by On The Sly In the year of 2020, a new virus came our way. We knew but must be done and so to help, we hid away. Old habits became extinct and they made way for the new, and every single act of kindness was now given its due. The Nightingale Hospital, based at the ExCel exhibition centre in London, was constructed in just nine days. Buildings were lit up in blue, the colour of the NHS. _ I will leave the light on _ If you look into the distance, there's a house upon the hill _ Guiding like a lighthouse to a place where you'll be _ Safe to feel our grace _ And if you've lost your way _ If you've lost your way _ I will leave the light on _. MUSIC: Take Care Of You by Ella Henderson _ Oh, I'll take care, take care of you _ And I'll do the things that no one else will do..._ Thousands of people opened their windows and doors to applaud NHS staff who are working on the front line of this coronavirus crisis. In residential streets across the UK, people have come onto their doorsteps to clap for carers. _ Oh, I'll take care, take care of you..._ Thank you, NHS heroes! _ Take care of you _ And I'll do the things _ Yeah, I'll do the things that no one else will do _ Oh, I'll take care, take care of you..._ Captain Tom Moore set out to raise £1,000 for the NHS. He's raised just a little bit more than that. He's a 99-year-old war vet, he's a one-man fundraising machine. Thanks, Captain Tom! _ I'll be there, I'll be there for you _ Oh, I swear, I got enough love for two _ You'll never be alone, I'll be there for you _. Thank you all very much. _ Hello... _ Is it me you're looking for?_ We're living in a world now where working from home, that teleworking phenomenon, is something we all have to deal with. Let's just join you into the meeting. Yes, I can see you. Hang on... No, you're on mute. MUSIC: Love and Hate by Michael Kiwanuka So many of the nurses, and doctors and consultants as well as cleaners, the helping hands guiding us through this storm, are black, Asian, and minority ethnic. The future holds unexposed danger, but no stress. Humankind is no stranger to progress. And as we've proven, when we collaborate, progress follows fast. This is one voice with one message - Black Lives Matter. _ Lord, I've been broken _ Although I'm not worthy _ You fixed me, I'm blinded _ By your grace _ You came and saved me..._ 2020, a year we'll never forget, but we can make the new year a year of hope. _ Gather the rainbow _ Make you wanna move your dancing feet now... _ Dancing in the moonlight _ I'm a rainbow too, I'm a rainbow too _. _ And I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights _ No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch _ I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night _ Oh, when I'm like this, you're the one I trust... _ Say my name _ And every colour illuminates _ We are shining _ And we will never be afraid again _ Say my name _ As every colour illuminates _ We are shining..._ _ But my heart goes _ Cos my heart goes _ Bum bum bum da bum _ Oh my God, oh my God _ This feeling's just begun _ I'm saying things I've never said _ Doing things I've never done _ But my heart goes _ Oh my God, oh my God _ When I see you I should run _ But I'm frozen in motion _ And my head tells me to stop bum, bum bum bum da bum _ But my heart goes..._ MUSIC: Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall by Coldplay. _ I turn the music up _ Is a waterfall _ Every tear, every tear _ Is a waterfall..._ MUSIC: Chilled Lang Syne by Jason Creasey SIR DAVID ATTENBOROUGH: Happy New Year. Our planet is unique - a living world of diversity and wonder. It's also fragile. With a new year comes the opportunity for change, and if we act in 2021, we can make a world of difference. Together, we can turn things around. Together, we can restore our fragile home and make it a happy new year for all the inhabitants of Planet Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.