Saturday 12 October 2013

Me want Emily Maitlis



The triviality of ex-Guardian deputy editor Ian Katz's new-look Newsnight knows no bounds. 

Last week the programme even included an interview with the Cookie Monster from Sesame Street

Ha, ha, ha. How terribly post-modern and amusing. In the meantime millions go hungry and suffer poverty.

Actually, "Ha, ha, ha. How terribly post-modern and amusing. In the meantime millions go hungry and suffer poverty" wasn't me complaining at all. 

No, it was a complaint read out on this week's Newswatch - which just goes to show how po-faced some BBC complainants can be. [My money's on it being a Guardian reader]. 

Speaking for myself, I enjoyed the feature - though I will admit to some mixed feelings about it. 

It's been well over three decades since I last saw the Cookie Monster. I was heartened to see that, like me, he still has a very healthy appetite. I felt quite envious, however, that, unlike me, he doesn't seem to have aged one bit. [Being a major U.S. celebrity though, he's probably had half a dozen face lifts].

Anyhow, it may still be early in the morning but I really fancy a Chocolate Hobnob for some reason.

Om nom nom nom nom nom nom nom....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.