An 80-year-old pro-Brexit constituent of Zak Goldsmith received a death threat this morning:
The reply came from St.John Stephen, whose Twitter account says he has "a fortnightly spot on BBC Radio London":
Looking him up, he appears to be a regular guest on Robert Elms's Radio London show - something his Twitter feed confirms. He appears to be the programme's gardening expert.
Comments so far…could be going better for him:
- Kiss goodbye to your "forthnightly spot".
- What a foul individual you are.
- Oh that was silly... why did you degrade yourself to that level?
- You think it is ok to send death threats?
- Why should he die @HangingBabylon? And who should kill him? Any tips on how? Sounds like planting seeds of hate is part of your gardening tips.... @BBC is this going to be the next big thing in horticultural shows?
- Wonder what @BBCRadioLondon make of your nasty tweet
- Can soon upgrade to say "EX fortnightly slot". Delightful individual .... not!
- @BBCRadioLondon need to take positive action in relation to this act of hatred. To fail to do so would be an endorsement. He surely has some responsibility to uphold the values of the BBC.
Zak isn't impressed either:
And the Daily Mail is already making enquiries:
Again, comments so far...could be going better for him.
Further update: According to Guido Fawkes, the BBC has now sacked him:
A BBC spokesman tells Guido “This was clearly unacceptable” and Stephen will not be appearing on the Beeb again.