Monday 12 January 2015

" Listen, don't mention the deficit! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it "


Do you cry "Oh no! Not the deficit again!" whenever a BBC reporter mentions the thing that Ed Miliband famously forgot to mention in his party conference speech last year?

The BBC's Norman Smith thinks you do. 

This is what he told Jim Naughtie this morning (just after 6.30):
It is going to take us today to the deficit, which the Prime Minister is going to say is going to be the central theme of six themes that the Conservatives are going to set out at the general election. I can almost hear listeners going, "Oh no! Not the deficit again!" But that is going to be the message that's hammered home again and again and again by David Cameron.
Is it just me, or might Norman be confusing radio listeners with Labour Party activists?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.