Wednesday 8 January 2020

This Eden - A Rant


Every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man

I'll be watching this one very carefully. If cravat-sporting Conservative MP for Morecambe and Lunesdale David Morris and his splendid question to PM Boris Johnson about bringing the Eden Project to Morecambe isn't the lead story on every BBC news bulletin today I'm going to write the stroppiest complaint the BBC has ever received. It will be so stroppy that even Owen Jones would gasp at it, so massive would the chip on my shoulder be. And Boris was quite right to say that Morecambe itself is Eden. I have, however, crossed ITV newsreader Alastair Stewart off my Christmas card list as he sent out a tweet calling Mr Morris the MP for Morecombe & Lunesdale. Now, yes, I might be able to tolerate a BBC continuity announcer making an absolute pig's ear of pronouncing Lionel Shriver's surname but putting an 'o' six letters into 'Morecambe' has shocked me to the core and already made me turn into the Incredible Sulk (alterego of the aforementioned Owen). I ought to set a Twitter mob on Mr Stewart. Right, back to Twitter. 

4 comments:

  1. The cravat's a nice touch. :) Must be driving them to a frenzy of hatred on the opposition benches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget an earlier open thread when we saw the Eden Project as a perfect metaphor for the Westminster bubble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not forgotten. In fact I'm hoping Mr Morris will get behind our campaign to build a new post-modernist dome right next to the Eden Project called The Westminster Bubble. It will be a kind of living Madame Tussauds for the fallen elite. I'm hoping Anna Soubry and Monseigneur Dominic de Grieve (Légion d'honneur) will agree to be exhibited. I'm certain John Bercow will be up for it.

      Delete
    2. Once the good people of Morecambe have their dome up and running, I suggest that some prehistoric DNA be thrown in. We can await the evolution of a new genus - the Pienaar-saur. It will be characterised by the loud calls it emits if approached, and by being deaf-but-proudly agressive. Having grown up knowing only the bubble (as per The Truman Show) the Pienaar-saur has very poor balance.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.