As noted by Guest Who at Biased BBC, the comments most certainly could be going better in response to this 'Breaking News' tweet from BBC South East:
Here's just a brief sample of some of those comments:
- Seriously @BBCSouthEast what do you think you are doing? He is not a Surrey teenager. Not in any serious manner of speaking. He is an Iraqi, and a terrorist, an Islamist terrorist at that.
- @BBCNews doesn't do facts anymore, it does spin &propaganda, you know it, I know it, even BBC knows it. It's utterly corrupted &cannot be relied upon to report news honestly. A few more ppl will understand this today when they see #ParsonsGreen bomber described as Surrey teenager.
- Surrey teenager my arse. He was an Iraqi asylum seeker who committed a terrorist attack in the name of Islam.
- Iraqi migrant from Calais suddenly becomes a “Surrey teenager” @bbcsoutheast pushing fake news.
- Surrey Teenager. Must update his Wikipedia page.
- This is appalling. I wonder why people don’t trust the BBC anymore.....
- You know that fake news advert that you have running on the TV at the moment. Show this to the kids. Then they’ll understand what fake news is.
- I have two Surrey teenagers. That terrorist is not a Surrey teenager.
- Why do the BBC write this misleading nonsense. Every news outlet prints the truth. They come up with this devious nonsense.
- BBC = #fakenews.