Saturday 19 July 2014

A joke to make Marcus Brigstocke faint


Here's a joke I heard the other day. 

I think I heard it on the News Quiz, though I could be wrong. I have a vague memory of Jeremy Hardy telling it, Marcus Brigstocke fainting, Sandi Toksvig being carried out on a stretcher and Mark Steel spontaneously combusting. Poor Jeremy had lost the room (well, it was a BBC studio audience, and you know what they're like!) 

Of course, I could have dreamed all that. 

Still here's the joke:
The wife and I decided to take an organised trip to Afghanistan to see for ourselves what the place was like. 
It didn't start well when the train we were traveling on broke down a few miles north of the capital. 
What a third world shithole! Streets full of angry bearded types glaring at us and the Mrs stood out in her sundress as all other women had head-to-toe burqas.
"We are so dead!", I thought.
Anyway, Dave the organiser suddenly remembered that Finsbury Park had a tube station, so we were able to get safely to Kings Cross and on to Kabul from Heathrow.
(Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.