Friday 7 September 2018

Tea with Shami

If you follow this blog, or just check in now and then, you might have noticed our erratic blogging patterns. Sometimes Craig will deliver a mighty avalanche, boosting page views by a massive per cent - then nothing for days. I’m far less productive; even when I’m at my most voluble my output is measly to zero.  Last week, for example, I wasn’t able to get to the keyboard at all. And it was a week chock full of essential, crucial, key,  burning, bias-related material. But I’ll just have to let it go.


One retrospective observation though. Mishal Husain’s memorable interview with Shami Chakrabarti. I mean, Ms Husain is always the team member who gets herself lumbered with this kind of topic and is criticised (by the likes of me) as she can’t conceal her natural rapport with, I don’t know what to call it - the Muslim point of view. So it was a surprise to hear Husain’s relatively sympathetic conversation with Margaret Hodge followed by her more adversarial approach to her interview with Shami Chakrabarti.

Shami sees everything in terms of ‘herself’ and has effectively turned herself into a laughing stock - not that this is any laughing matter. Anyway, we’re all invited round Shami’s for a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.