For consistency's sake I really ought to do a post about today's Sunday on Radio 4.
The programme certainly lived up to its reputation (well, at least its reputation here) for showing a liberal Catholic bias.
That bias is suggested by Sunday's opting for the following subjects:
- (1) the beatification of a Latin American Catholic archbishop linked to (Marxist-inspired) liberation theology.
- (2) a piece advocating acceptance, in Church rituals, for transgender people.
- (3) the story of a Jewish left-wing anti-Iraq war activist who may (or may not) have been murdered by far-right-wingers in Germany some ten or so years ago (though no one seemed very sure).
- (4) a plug on the BBC for an upcoming BBC programme.
- (5) an interview with the new President of the Board of Deputies of British Jews, involving Gaza, leading off with a question about interfaith relations, especially with Muslims, and...
- (6) the same-sex-marriage-backing Irish referendum and its implications for the Catholic Church...