Talking of tweets, here are a selection from former Sky foreign affairs editor Tim Marshall - perhaps suggesting why he was never the BBC's foreign affairs editor!
- Obama increased forced deportations by more than 20% compared to Bush. Not a peep from Horrified of Hampstead.
- Wait, many countries ban Israelis from visiting! I feel an outraged petition coming on. Don't you? Hello? Hello? Oh, perhaps not.
- Petition signers of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your memories of not signing when China, Russia and S Arabia came here.
- I've had an idea! To show my outrage at banning people I will try to ban people! Simples!
and in reply to a tweet saying, "Don't recall this fuss when Obama introduced similar ban in 2011? Short term/selective memory loss. Only because it's Trump":
- Yup, 6 month ban on Iraqis and ..... silence. Sigh. If the narrative don't fit - people don't wear the cap.