Thursday 21 June 2018

Abstinence

I’ve been away for a month and I think I’ve discovered the cure for blogging about the BBC. Don’t watch it. 
Coming back after a break, it all seems so petty and superficial. Instead, I’ve been mostly watching Fauda on Netflix.
Now there’s a compelling set of back-to-backs to binge-watch. James Delingpole says it’s popular with the Palestinians as well as the Israelis. 
The BBC should buy it in for their BBC Four foreign language / double episode / Saturday night slot. 

As if!
   It doesn’t have a sanctimonious lefty agenda.

Bear pit

I’ve also been reading Melanie Phillips (£) about being ‘set up’ by the Question Time team, and I’ve heard people discussing the US’s decision to walk away from the UNHRC -  mostly to opine that the right way to deal with this corrupt outfit is to ‘stay and change it’. 

As if!
   UNHRC is like the Eurovision Song Contest. It has as much to do with Human Rights as Eurovision has to do with music. It won't change.


#Jew

I heard Will Self on the radio saying he’s reconsidering his resignation from being a Jew. Now he wants to be a Jew. I’d need to listen again to figure out if that’s a good thing or a bad thing, but I don’t know if I can be bothered.

7 comments:

  1. I have never seen Fauda, but I have just read a Guardian review complaining that the story was told from an Israeli point of view. Is there something in the coffee at the Guardian and the BBC that completely wipes out any trace of self-awareness?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The current BBC Four Saturday crime slot is well on the way to being all female. The symbolic ex-chief constable (white male) will die off soon, the sole male police officer is clearly a latent rapist and meekly takes abuse from his female boss. The other two men are definitely bad. Just for good measure there is a 'BAME' female who is the only happy face in the whole programme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many crime dramas are now ruined because you think, within the first five minutes: "Well it can't be the female victim of domestic violence who did it. And it can't be the young black guy, or the woman in the Hijab. Or indeed the gay guy. Or the East European migrant. So it must be the wealthy white businessman. Again."

      Delete
  3. Abstinence makes the heart go wander I've heard, so glad you're back and haven't left us for another website. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep you’ll all note I don’t post as much these days, it’s for the same reason I only watch Netflix and Amazon Prime and listen to Radio 2 not 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blood pressure? Medical advice? :)

      Delete
    2. Clockworkorange - same here. I even listen to Fox News USA in preference!

      The BBC seems to have gone off the deep end in the last year, perhaps emboldened by the lack of Government response to it's clear anti-Brexit agenda, and indeed by May's support for every passing Virtue Signalling opportunity, it's just one long left liberal identity politics agenda pushing item after another.

      No need for me to entertain them anymore.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.