Saturday 16 November 2019

Far too important


So (h/t Guest Who) the Today programme turned to Catherine Mayer, the co-founder of the rather niche Women's Equality Party, this morning for her take on the BBC's Prince Andrew scoop. (Very BBC). But she turned them down, and she's now kicking herself for having done so. However, she's subsequently perked up and convinced herself that she was right after all:
I salute Emily Maitlis for securing the interview without, as I understand it, the palace exercising editorial control. I can't say I look forward to watching tonight but I will certainly watch tonight. And if there are broadcasters who are ready for the serious kind of analysis this needs, then I might be prepared to participate. But no, don't bother ringing me for silly little soundbite stuff or pitching me against some idiot controversialist. This is far too important. 

1 comment:

  1. By definition, there is editorial control.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.